Monthly Archives: May 2014
In America during the Great Depression there was a huge underground market for so-called ‘Tijuana bibles’, small bootleg comics which depicted the family-friendly cartoon stars of the day – Popeye, Dick Tracy – getting up all sorts of rude, adult and not at all family-friendly things.Read the full story..
You know how upsetting it is when a singer has the temerity to cover your favourite artist?Read the full story..
On a recent trip to Manchester Art Gallery, it struck me how little attention the gallery draws to the more famous names who populate its permanent collection.Read the full story..
- The Northern Soul Awards 2017: a celebration of culture and enterprise in the North of England
- Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
- Review: Twelfth Night, Royal Exchange, Manchester
- Michael Rother talks krautrock, NEU! and David Bowie
- Win tickets to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate
Northen Soul Awards 2017
The Northern Soul Awards 2017, hosted by Lemn Sissay MBE, will celebrate and reward cultural and artistic excellence in the North of England. Enter now.