Monthly Archives: October 2014
Pigs sporting colourful neckerchiefs raced out of numbered stalls to reach a prize – an Oreo cookie. The crowd cheered for their favourites. Afterwards we were offered coupons for free bacon at a local supermarket chain. I declined.Read the full story..
If you’ve read Northern Soul‘s interview with Margaret Drabble, you’ll know how much we admire this literary legend. Earlier this month, we were in the audience as she spoke about her latest novel at the Midland Hotel as part of the Manchester Literature Festival.Read the full story..
WIN FREE TICKETS TO THE NORTHERN HOMEBUILDING & RENOVATING AND HOME IMPROVEMENT SHOWRead the full story..
As I wait in reception for the general manager of BBC Philharmonic, I notice a large crowd of people being body-scanned by security.Read the full story..
It’s the early 15th century and King Henry IV is King of England. His son, Prince Harry (Hal) is bothered by his lot and their strained relationship forms one part of the story.Read the full story..
WIN FREE TICKETS TO THE WHISKY SESSIONSRead the full story..
- The Northern Soul Awards 2017: a celebration of culture and enterprise in the North of England
- Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
- Review: Twelfth Night, Royal Exchange, Manchester
- Michael Rother talks krautrock, NEU! and David Bowie
- Win tickets to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate
Northen Soul Awards 2017
The Northern Soul Awards 2017, hosted by Lemn Sissay MBE, will celebrate and reward cultural and artistic excellence in the North of England. Enter now.