Monthly Archives: August 2015
At a time when computer mainframes across the world heave with the visages of almost everybody who has a mobile phone and subscribes to social media, Artists in the Frame, an exhibition of self-portraits at Manchester Art Gallery, might be tempted to draw shallow parallels with this zeitgeist of digital vanityRead the full story..
Good culinary news – it’s the British samphire season.Read the full story..
With just over a month to go before Indy Man Beer Con 2015 kicks off at Manchester’s iconic Victoria Baths, Northern Soul chats to co-founder Jonny Heyes.Read the full story..
On a relentlessly grey, damp and oppressive Tuesday afternoon on Newcastle’s Thornton Street, Jeremy Corbyn took to a makeshift stage to address the crowds in hats and waterproofs who had gathered there to listen to him.Read the full story..
- The Northern Soul Awards 2017: a celebration of culture and enterprise in the North of England
- Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
- Review: Twelfth Night, Royal Exchange, Manchester
- Michael Rother talks krautrock, NEU! and David Bowie
- Win tickets to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate
Northen Soul Awards 2017
The Northern Soul Awards 2017, hosted by Lemn Sissay MBE, will celebrate and reward cultural and artistic excellence in the North of England. Enter now.