Video game reviews, events, previews, opinions and discussions by Northern gamers.
In a new regular feature, Northern Soul’s gamers consider the thorny issues besetting the video game industry.Read the full story..
The 1980s was a transformative time for video games.Read the full story..
Flex your thumbs gamers, Manchester’s Museum of Science and Industry’s celebration of more than 30 years of video gaming is back and this year there are even more games to play.Read the full story..
The real appeal of this new indie game lies in its innovative gameplay, not its curious name. But then, mixing things up is actually what Ultimate Chicken Horse is all about. It blends the easy-to-pick-up-but-hard-to-master level building of the recent hit Super Mario Maker and the hardcore (but fun) platforming of Ori And The Blind Forest to brilliant effect.Read the full story..
- The Northern Soul Awards 2017: a celebration of culture and enterprise in the North of England
- Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
- Review: Twelfth Night, Royal Exchange, Manchester
- Michael Rother talks krautrock, NEU! and David Bowie
- Win tickets to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate
Northen Soul Awards 2017
The Northern Soul Awards 2017, hosted by Lemn Sissay MBE, will celebrate and reward cultural and artistic excellence in the North of England. Enter now.