Author: Drew Tosh
On paper, it sounds confusing. Two American women perform songs that span rap (Gucci Mane, Run DMC) country (George Jones) and tunes from classic songwriters (Joni Mitchell, Rufus Wainwright).Read the full story..
I’m no foodie, as any of my friends will tell you.Read the full story..
With a brand new interior and a special festive menu, Pizza Express on Manchester’s Oxford Street is well worth a December visit.Read the full story..
It gladdens the heart when a band from your own neck of the woods does well. And so it’s a treat to see how well Manchester band The Slow Show is doing.Read the full story..
“Gliddy glub gloopy, nibby nabby noopy, la la la lo loRead the full story..
“Britain has become Royston Vasey and we’ve never had any credit for it.”Read the full story..
- The Northern Soul Awards 2017: a celebration of culture and enterprise in the North of England
- Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
- Review: Twelfth Night, Royal Exchange, Manchester
- Michael Rother talks krautrock, NEU! and David Bowie
- Win tickets to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate
Northen Soul Awards 2017
The Northern Soul Awards 2017, hosted by Lemn Sissay MBE, will celebrate and reward cultural and artistic excellence in the North of England. Enter now.