Author: Isabel Webb
English seasons are usually pretty indistinct.Read the full story..
New Year’s resolutions for the students among us are made, not in January as you’d expect, but in September.Read the full story..
Isabel Webb is 19-years-old. She’s from Manchester and is one year into her degree at UCL in London. In her latest blog for Northern Soul, she writes about her reaction to the vote for Brexit.Read the full story..
I’ve officially finished my first year of university. The initial exams are behind me and the results are a looming source of anxiety that I’m pushing firmly to the back of my mind.Read the full story..
Manchester’s Spinningfields is a great place to just be, especially in summer.Read the full story..
An unfortunate flirtation with glandular fever left me bedbound for most of the Christmas holidays, meaning this Easter is the first time I’ve really spent time in Manchester since moving down South.Read the full story..
- The Northern Soul Awards 2017: a celebration of culture and enterprise in the North of England
- Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
- Review: Twelfth Night, Royal Exchange, Manchester
- Michael Rother talks krautrock, NEU! and David Bowie
- Win tickets to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate
Northen Soul Awards 2017
The Northern Soul Awards 2017, hosted by Lemn Sissay MBE, will celebrate and reward cultural and artistic excellence in the North of England. Enter now.