Author: Jack Stocker
The 1980s was a transformative time for video games.Read the full story..
It’s a bit chilly at Manchester’s Band on the Wall.Read the full story..
Regular readers of Northern Soul know that we love to celebrate every aspect of the North of England.Read the full story..
Somewhat aptly, very little natural light reaches the spot where I sit in a small shop in Stockport’s industrial Houldsworth Mill.Read the full story..
I’ve never been much of a cook. It takes skill and patience and neither of those skills are innate to me. As a result, my meals at home are relatively uncomplicated. I won’t lie to you, it’s basically just omelettes and sandwiches in the Stocker kitchen.Read the full story..
- The Northern Soul Awards 2017: a celebration of culture and enterprise in the North of England
- Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
- Review: Twelfth Night, Royal Exchange, Manchester
- Michael Rother talks krautrock, NEU! and David Bowie
- Win tickets to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate
Northen Soul Awards 2017
The Northern Soul Awards 2017, hosted by Lemn Sissay MBE, will celebrate and reward cultural and artistic excellence in the North of England. Enter now.