Author: Laura Brown
Hurrah and huzzah! It’s time for the Northern Soul Podcast.
Ah, the Manchester Literature Festival. It’s proper good.Read the full story..
Hurrah! It’s the September Northern Soul Podcast.Read the full story..
Hurrah and Huzzah! The Northern Soul Podcast is back!Read the full story..
Liverpool feels like it’s on the cusp of change, the growth of grassroots movements, of shifting and changing sands, this explosion in the number of micro businesses.Read the full story..
We have an opportunity to build something new in the North, so can we not rely on a pale, male and stale stereotype?Read the full story..
Language shapes how we see places and the people living in them, says Laura Brown. But the North loses the language game, and has done for generations.Read the full story..
- The Northern Soul Awards 2017: a celebration of culture and enterprise in the North of England
- Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
- Review: Twelfth Night, Royal Exchange, Manchester
- Michael Rother talks krautrock, NEU! and David Bowie
- Win tickets to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate
Northen Soul Awards 2017
The Northern Soul Awards 2017, hosted by Lemn Sissay MBE, will celebrate and reward cultural and artistic excellence in the North of England. Enter now.