Author: Lyndsey Skinner
Amid the clouds of smoke, dust and ash of the photograph are two partially obscured figures.Read the full story..
“I was determined not to wee in a bush”: Northern Soul’s Lyndsey Skinner tackles the Great North Run
“To be honest, I’m knackered.”Read the full story..
I’m the first to admit that I know very little about ships.Read the full story..
So far, 2016 has been a year of events with earth-shattering proportions, the kind of things that send you scurrying from your breakfast cereal and Louise Minchin’s solemn face in the BBC studios to the colossal global natter of the World Wide Web.Read the full story..
Crimes of passion. Glamour. Menace. Intrigue. Slim cigarettes, cocktails and pussy bow blouses. Exotic-sounding European names, dubious French accents, Lords, Ladies and business tycoons.Read the full story..
The telephone purrs ominously in my hand. I swirl the last dregs of lukewarm coffee at the bottom of the cup while sitting cross-legged on my desk chair, and stare at the pile of press releases and hand-written notes in scratchy blue biro on my desk.Read the full story..
‘Of course the same thing happened to Keats, you know.’Read the full story..
- The Northern Soul Awards 2017: a celebration of culture and enterprise in the North of England
- Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
- Review: Twelfth Night, Royal Exchange, Manchester
- Michael Rother talks krautrock, NEU! and David Bowie
- Win tickets to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate
Northen Soul Awards 2017
The Northern Soul Awards 2017, hosted by Lemn Sissay MBE, will celebrate and reward cultural and artistic excellence in the North of England. Enter now.