Author: Paul Hunter
Northern Soul‘s North Yorkshire Photographer, Paul Hunter, shares a gallery of Bolton Castle in the Yorkshire Dales. The Castle is still privately owned and occupied, and the hamlet around the castle is named Castle Bolton.Read the full story..
Did you watch ITV’s new drama Jericho last night? It’s quite possibly the only Western ever set in Yorkshire and tells the story of a hardy bunch of people building a viaduct for the railway network. What better time then for a lovely gallery of images of Ribblehead in Yorkshire by Northern Soul‘s Paul Hunter.Read the full story..
The origins of the Stokesley Fair stretch back to 1223 when Henry III granted Stokesley a charter to hold an annual fair. The third week in September now marks a busy week for this market town in rural North Yorkshire.Read the full story..
- The Northern Soul Awards 2017: a celebration of culture and enterprise in the North of England
- Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
- Review: Twelfth Night, Royal Exchange, Manchester
- Michael Rother talks krautrock, NEU! and David Bowie
- Win tickets to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate
Northen Soul Awards 2017
The Northern Soul Awards 2017, hosted by Lemn Sissay MBE, will celebrate and reward cultural and artistic excellence in the North of England. Enter now.