Author: Phil Pounder
Northern Soul‘s North East Photographer Phil Pounder has all the fun at the fair and captures colourful images from The Hoppings on Newcastle Town Moor, and the Valentine’s Funfair on Team Valley in Gateshead.Read the full story..
A gorgeous black and white gallery of Newcastle’s Grainger Town by Phil Pounder. Of Grainger Town’s 450 buildings, 244 are listed, of which 29 are grade I and 49 are grade II*. Just lovely.Read the full story..
It’s more than a decade since Sage Gateshead opened. An international centre for music, education and conferences housed within a striking stainless steel structure designed by Norman Foster, the Sage dominates the skyline on the NewcastleGateshead Quayside.Read the full story..
- The Northern Soul Awards 2017: a celebration of culture and enterprise in the North of England
- Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
- Review: Twelfth Night, Royal Exchange, Manchester
- Michael Rother talks krautrock, NEU! and David Bowie
- Win tickets to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate
Northen Soul Awards 2017
The Northern Soul Awards 2017, hosted by Lemn Sissay MBE, will celebrate and reward cultural and artistic excellence in the North of England. Enter now.