Author: Wendy Pratt
When you’re born and bred Yorkshire, there’s something very satisfying about watching a play where the characters have strong Yorkshire accents.Read the full story..
Northern Soul’s Poetry Correspondent, Wendy Pratt, talks to singer/songwriter Kathryn Williams about Hypoxia, an album written to mark the 50th anniversary of Sylvia Plath’s The Bell Jar. Williams will be performing at the Manchester Literature Festival this weekend.Read the full story..
I get about a bit as a poet, travelling across the country to tiny venues in the back rooms of pubs where an audience of three or four are there for the open mic night and have never heard of me, let alone read my poetry.Read the full story..
Northern Soul’s Wendy Pratt writes candidly about her devastating experience with NHS failings, how she came through it, and why she still loves and admires the health service.Read the full story..
Northern Soul’s Wendy Pratt Talks to author Debbie Taylor about Herring Girl, Mslexia and taking the scenic route to becoming a writer.Read the full story..
- The Northern Soul Awards 2017: a celebration of culture and enterprise in the North of England
- Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
- Review: Twelfth Night, Royal Exchange, Manchester
- Michael Rother talks krautrock, NEU! and David Bowie
- Win tickets to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate
Northen Soul Awards 2017
The Northern Soul Awards 2017, hosted by Lemn Sissay MBE, will celebrate and reward cultural and artistic excellence in the North of England. Enter now.