Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
Online humour can be a fickle sort of business.Read the full story..
Now and again you come across a novel so closely published to your own specifications that you strongly suspect the publishers have secretly focus-grouped you to within an inch of your life, and then wiped all memory of it from your mind.Read the full story..
You can’t escape from stories these days.Read the full story..
As someone from Stratford-upon-Avon, I’m no stranger to Shakespeare. Walking through the quaint town centre, you can’t shake a feathered quill without bumping into a street performer bellowing lines from King Lear.Read the full story..
I read the book that changed my life, the one I can’t stop telling people about, last year.Read the full story..
English seasons are usually pretty indistinct.Read the full story..
I’ve never been behind the scenes at the Royal Exchange in Manchester, and so it feels peculiar to be heading for the stage door.Read the full story..
- The Northern Soul Awards 2017: a celebration of culture and enterprise in the North of England
- Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
- Review: Twelfth Night, Royal Exchange, Manchester
- Michael Rother talks krautrock, NEU! and David Bowie
- Win tickets to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate
Northen Soul Awards 2017
The Northern Soul Awards 2017, hosted by Lemn Sissay MBE, will celebrate and reward cultural and artistic excellence in the North of England. Enter now.