Angle of the North
HELEN CARTER’S BLOG
The smell emanating from the kitchen at Aumbry when I arrive on a damp, grey Manchester day almost defies description.Read the full story..
It is a day when women from Merseyside are encouraged to dress in their finest clothes and enjoy a day at the races. It’s Ladies’ Day.Read the full story..
I first heard the name Grace Darling when a friend of mine was involved in a singing group named after the reluctant Victorian heroine. Initially, I’d misheard their name and wrongly assumed they were the Grey Starlings, which made some sense as birds sing, right?Read the full story..
It’s a view that is widely held: printed books are doomed and ebooks and self publishing are the only way forward. If you’re out of London well gosh, poor you, you’re in the provinces. You might as well as be on Mars.Read the full story..
- The Northern Soul Awards 2017: a celebration of culture and enterprise in the North of England
- Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
- Review: Twelfth Night, Royal Exchange, Manchester
- Michael Rother talks krautrock, NEU! and David Bowie
- Win tickets to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate
Northen Soul Awards 2017
The Northern Soul Awards 2017, hosted by Lemn Sissay MBE, will celebrate and reward cultural and artistic excellence in the North of England. Enter now.