Claire Fleetneedle shares her journey of discovery into the remarkable uses of our wild flora and fauna.
It’s hard to believe it’s December and Christmas is upon us. It’s the time of year when fairy lights in various hues begin to adorn houses along our street, and Christmas trees appear overnight with neon twinkles and gaudy baubles.Read the full story..
After my fibromyalgia diagnosis five years ago, I began to make significant changes to my lifestyle.Read the full story..
After writing my last article about the properties of early Spring flowers, I realised I mainly research herbs with recognised herbal benefits, often overlooking the common wild flowers I have known all my life.Read the full story..
It might not always feel like it but Spring is finally here.Read the full story..
With Winter well underway, the next few months are traditionally chilly, drab and punctuated by an assortment of coughs, colds and viruses.Read the full story..
- The Northern Soul Awards 2017: a celebration of culture and enterprise in the North of England
- Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
- Review: Twelfth Night, Royal Exchange, Manchester
- Michael Rother talks krautrock, NEU! and David Bowie
- Win tickets to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate
Northen Soul Awards 2017
The Northern Soul Awards 2017, hosted by Lemn Sissay MBE, will celebrate and reward cultural and artistic excellence in the North of England. Enter now.