Hayley-Jane Sims writes about being a single lesbian in Manchester.
So you’re miserable in your job and desperate to fulfil your dream of being *insert perfect career here*? I hear you.Read the full story..
Regular readers will know that I’ve wittered on loads about how Queer As Folk sparked my desire to move Manchester, the land of the gays. But I haven’t watched it again since its initial transmission 16 years ago. So when my girlfriend suggested we re-visit both series, I thought yes, it’s time.Read the full story..
When you’re finally ready to make the massive leap to come out, it’s thought that once you step out of the closet, that’s it, you’re out…Yo world! I’m a big gay lezza!Read the full story..
- The Northern Soul Awards 2017: a celebration of culture and enterprise in the North of England
- Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
- Review: Twelfth Night, Royal Exchange, Manchester
- Michael Rother talks krautrock, NEU! and David Bowie
- Win tickets to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate
Northen Soul Awards 2017
The Northern Soul Awards 2017, hosted by Lemn Sissay MBE, will celebrate and reward cultural and artistic excellence in the North of England. Enter now.