Life on Pig Row
Pig Row is the tale of a move from semi-urban life to a self-sufficientish lifestyle in a cottage set within a quarter of an acre on top of the Pennines.
Manchester roads made all the wrong headlines last month when flooding caused a giant sinkhole to appear in the middle of Mancunian way – and then became an unlikely tourist attraction.Read the full story..
You can see them crouching beside the tables, cameras out, tape measures at the ready: show groupies. A selective and determined small group of people, like myself, who coo and ooh at the size of someone’s plums.Read the full story..
It’s typical Manchester weather, the kind that sneaks through open doorways and under large awnings and marquees.Read the full story..
We arrived at Pig Row during a storm, Carol was seven months pregnant, I was recovering from spinal problems and the movers hated us for having so many books.Read the full story..
- The Northern Soul Awards 2017: a celebration of culture and enterprise in the North of England
- Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
- Review: Twelfth Night, Royal Exchange, Manchester
- Michael Rother talks krautrock, NEU! and David Bowie
- Win tickets to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate
Northen Soul Awards 2017
The Northern Soul Awards 2017, hosted by Lemn Sissay MBE, will celebrate and reward cultural and artistic excellence in the North of England. Enter now.