Drew Savage is an amateur runner and Type 2 diabetic, making his second attempt at training for the 2015 Manchester Marathon after making a fearful mess of things the first time round and not even getting as far as the start line. You can learn everything you’ll ever want to know about How Not To Do It here on Northern Soul, and help fight diabetes by sponsoring Drew at https://www.justgiving.com/DrewSavage
In the second instalment of his marathon training blog, Northern Soul’s Drew Savage battles injury, embarks on physio and gets back on the road.Read the full story..
In marathon-running terms, this is the phoney war. I write this sitting at my desk at work in Salford Quays on my meal break, with nothing but a gentle ache from running the five kilometres to work earlier on and a sense of anticipation about the adventure that’s about to begin.Read the full story..
- The Northern Soul Awards 2017: a celebration of culture and enterprise in the North of England
- Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
- Review: Twelfth Night, Royal Exchange, Manchester
- Michael Rother talks krautrock, NEU! and David Bowie
- Win tickets to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate
Northen Soul Awards 2017
The Northern Soul Awards 2017, hosted by Lemn Sissay MBE, will celebrate and reward cultural and artistic excellence in the North of England. Enter now.