Bands & Gigs
Picture a book launch: chances are you’re imagining a staid and stifled event in a windowless inner-city Waterstones on a wet Wednesday afternoon, with copies of books and glasses of steadily souring white wine laid out in evenly-spaced rows on folding trestle tables.Read the full story..
Sir Mark Elder, music director of Manchester’s Hallé Orchestra, talks to Northern Soul’s Alfred Searls about the Hallé’s Shostakovich season.Read the full story..
She tried to walk away and she stumbled…Read the full story..
This month marks the second annual BBC 6 Music Festival, taking place this year on Tyneside.Read the full story..
- Michael Brandon takes A View from the Bridge
- Review: The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, Liverpool Playhouse
- Speak out and speak up: one woman’s experience with the NHS
- Eyeliner, black leather and post-punk: not your average book launch
- The Astounding Broccoli Boy: Frank Cottrell-Boyce talks to Northern Soul