It’s a damp Wednesday night in March and Northern Soul is in a blacked-out hall in South Manchester holding a pair of glow sticks and dancing with strangers to Don’t Talk to Me About Love by Altered Images.Read the full story..
There really was nowhere quite like the Kazimier.Read the full story..
It’s not every gig where the band members turn to each other at the end and say “We did it!” But this is a bit of a landmark: it’s the first date on Stealing Sheep’s first full national tour.Read the full story..
After all the fun and festivity of the holidays it’s time to get back to the everyday grind. But never fear – there are some great gigs across the North to chase away those January blues.Read the full story..
Twenty-one is an important birthday for anyone but what if you are one of the biggest clubs ever to grace Manchester’s scene? Then you celebrate in style. On the back of last year’s phenomenally successful 20th reunion party, Paradise Factory is going out with a bang. Northern Soul caught up with creator Peter Dalton.Read the full story..
- The Northern Soul Awards 2017: a celebration of culture and enterprise in the North of England
- Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
- Review: Twelfth Night, Royal Exchange, Manchester
- Michael Rother talks krautrock, NEU! and David Bowie
- Win tickets to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate
Northen Soul Awards 2017
The Northern Soul Awards 2017, hosted by Lemn Sissay MBE, will celebrate and reward cultural and artistic excellence in the North of England. Enter now.