Photo Gallery: All aboard! 1930s-style railway posters go on display at Lion Salt Works
Between August 8 and September 3, 2017, the Lion Salt Works Museum based in Northwich, Cheshire, will host a new exhibition of 14 colourful 1930s-style railway posters promoting the many attractions of Mid Cheshire Railway Line.
Produced by the Mid Cheshire Community Rail Partnership, and designed by artist Nicky Thompson of Chester-based Lemondrop Creative, the posters are intended to evoke the Golden Age of British travel and encourage holiday-makers in the North West and beyond to explore the sites of the region by rail.
Posters will be available for purchase at the Lion Salt Works Museum in A3 and A2 size for £5.00 and £10.00 respectively. Postcards sets will also be available of 12 posters.
The Lion Salt Works Museum has won eight awards since re-opening in June 2015. On June 29, 2017 it was named Museum of the Year by Northern Soul. In 2016, it won the National Lottery’s Heritage Project 2016, as well as well as two national restoration awards.
- Marijuana grower becomes professional horticulturalist: Northern Soul chats to Hidden Tales Rochdale
- “The success of Danger Mouse took us all by surprise.” Brian Trueman and the legacy of Manchester animation studio, Cosgrove Hall
- “I heard a lot of stories and I learnt how to live in somebody’s space.” Northern Soul chats to Mik Artistik
- “History really comes alive when you’re reading the original sources.” Ian Hislop and Nick Newman talk about The Wipers Times
- Film Review: The Death Of Stalin, HOME, Manchester
Northen Soul Awards 2017
Congratulations to all the winners at the Northern Soul Awards 2017. It was a cracking night. For the full list, click here http://awards.northernsoul.me.uk/2017-winners
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
The Football Crest Index exhibition, at @FootballMuseum #Manchester, documents and preserves the rich history behind football club crests from around the UK. Exhibition now open and entry is free. goo.gl/G5ZhLS pic.twitter.com/U7qG2hSayA
Marijuana grower becomes professional horticulturalist: Northern Soul's @EmmaYatesBadley chats to @comartsnw and Andy McConville, a participant and volunteer from @petrus_cmty, about new art project Hidden Tales Rochdale goo.gl/sDSDNt pic.twitter.com/gngyJkTjW9