Articles relating to: Film
When celebrities attain a certain level of fame, they are known for demanding outrageous ‘riders’.Read the full story..
If the name Neville Smith doesn’t ring a bell, you’re entirely forgiven.Read the full story..
Rider. It’s a much-employed word in celebrity circles. It basically boils down to the star’s requirements, whether that’s in the dressing room, backstage area or on set.Read the full story..
Cast your mind back. Around the mid 90s, Oasis felt like a really exciting and important band. Any self-respecting music fan was obliged to own their records. Then – and it’s hard to pinpoint precisely when this was – that all changed.Read the full story..
On Barry Adamson’s new album, Know Where to Run, there’s a track called Cine City. It’s brassy, vivid, edgy, dramatic and propulsive – in short, highly cinematic. Its title, though, is meant as a nod in two different directions.Read the full story..
Any revival of a classic film or play begs the question, ‘is it relevant to today?’.Read the full story..
- The Northern Soul Awards 2017: a celebration of culture and enterprise in the North of England
- Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
- Review: Twelfth Night, Royal Exchange, Manchester
- Michael Rother talks krautrock, NEU! and David Bowie
- Win tickets to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate
Northen Soul Awards 2017
The Northern Soul Awards 2017, hosted by Lemn Sissay MBE, will celebrate and reward cultural and artistic excellence in the North of England. Enter now.