Articles relating to: HOME
Over the next few weeks the spirit of Franco will be looming large at HOME in Manchester – and no, that’s nothing to do with Robert Carlyle’s character in Trainspotting.Read the full story..
No matter how old we get, there’s something about public nudity that can still shock and amuse.Read the full story..
Inspired by stories of her grandfather’s time in the Navy during World War Two and other tales from naval veterans, Narvik, the new play with songs produced by Manchester-based theatre company Box of Tricks, is just one of a whole host of projects this year penned by the award-winning Liverpool-based playwright and songwriter Lizzie Nunnery.Read the full story..
It beggars belief but it was 20 years ago that Danny Boyle and his team introduced a special preview screening of Trainspotting to a sold-out crowd at Manchester’s Cornerhouse.Read the full story..
“It’s the idea that you get a solo show and you give it away.”Read the full story..
If the name Neville Smith doesn’t ring a bell, you’re entirely forgiven.Read the full story..
- The Northern Soul Awards 2017: a celebration of culture and enterprise in the North of England
- Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
- Review: Twelfth Night, Royal Exchange, Manchester
- Michael Rother talks krautrock, NEU! and David Bowie
- Win tickets to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate
Northen Soul Awards 2017
The Northern Soul Awards 2017, hosted by Lemn Sissay MBE, will celebrate and reward cultural and artistic excellence in the North of England. Enter now.