The last time I was offered a full body massage, I was staying on Gili Trawangan, an island just off the coast of Bali. It was so brutal that I felt like I’d accidently entered a wrestling competition – and lost.Read the full story..
The Lowry Hotel is posh. As in porter-opening-your-taxi-door kind of posh. It’s probably the poshest posh in Manchester City Centre. And the food is posh too.Read the full story..
Although I always approach reviews with an open mind and an open heart I must confess that I was a big fan of Hotel Gotham before I came to stay.Read the full story..
As a student in Newcastle in the early 1990s, one of my favourite things was meeting my Gran in Jesmond Dene.Read the full story..
Some years ago, after a particularly enjoyable spa experience at London’s swanky Sanderson Hotel, I knocked over a megastar’s daughter.Read the full story..
- The Northern Soul Awards 2017: a celebration of culture and enterprise in the North of England
- Northern Soul chats to Richard Littler about Scarfolk, online humour and the absurdity of modern values
- Review: Twelfth Night, Royal Exchange, Manchester
- Michael Rother talks krautrock, NEU! and David Bowie
- Win tickets to the BBC Good Food Show in Harrogate
Northen Soul Awards 2017
The Northern Soul Awards 2017, hosted by Lemn Sissay MBE, will celebrate and reward cultural and artistic excellence in the North of England. Enter now.