Go coco-nuts and celebrate International Coffee Week with Wing Yip
In a new series, Wing Yip, the Oriental grocery store, shares its expertise with yummy, easy-to-make recipes. This week it celebrates International Coffee Week – but, if you’re anything like us, there is always a good time to celebrate caffeine.
Vietnamese Vegan Coffee
This year the world came together to celebrate its favourite brew – coffee. International Coffee Week fell on October 1 and Wing Yip – the UK’s leading Oriental grocer, has released a recipe for Vietnamese iced coffee. Indulge with this traditional sweet coffee recipe and you’ll never look back again.
What’s more, this recipe puts a vegan twist on the classic cold brew, by using Nature’s Charm Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk.
Freshly brewed coffee
1-2tbsp Nature’s Charm Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk
1. Serve the freshly brewed coffee into the serving glass.
2. Drizzle in 1-2tbsp of the sweetened condensed coconut milk depending on how sweet you’d like your drink. Let the coconut milk settle for 1-2 minutes before drinking.
Note: for iced coffee repeat the same steps above over a glass filled with ice.
- Review: Outsiders – Five Women Who Changed the World by Lyndall Gordon, Manchester Literature Festival
- Review: A Woman’s Work, Harriet Harman, Manchester Literature Festival
- Review: Something Dark, HOME, Manchester
- “Take the music very seriously, but don’t take yourself very seriously.” Northern Soul chats to Mark Radcliffe about radio, writing and Galleon Blast
Northen Soul Awards 2017
Congratulations to all the winners at the Northern Soul Awards 2017. It was a cracking night. For the full list, click here http://awards.northernsoul.me.uk/2017-winners
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
Northern Soul needs to wear wellies, a sou'wester and a cagoule to get to the local pub. This is bullshit.
@McrLitFest "It’s about their evolving alternative to the mess the dominant group has made of our world: a turn to women’s history of non-violence, nurture and listening." Five Women Who Changed the World by Lyndall Gordon, MLF goo.gl/raupcX