Articles relating to: autobiography
“I don’t care if people don’t find me funny. I know I’m funny because it’s the job I do.”Read the full story..
Back in 2002, when 24 Hour Party People was released, New Order’s Peter Hook described Steve Coogan’s casting as Tony Wilson as ‘the biggest twat in Manchester being played by the second biggest twat in Manchester’. That’s pretty harsh.Read the full story..
Rejoice! A leading British publisher has brought us a book by a member of a great modern British band, someone who can write skilful, balanced prose which demonstrates an encyclopedic knowledge of his chosen field of home-grown pop, particularly the pre-Beatles era.Read the full story..
- “We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
- My Space: Stanley Chow, artist, illustrator and designer
- Tea from The Manor: Northern Soul talks tea, teabags and tea-tasting with James Green
- Joy for Ever: Manchester’s Whitworth Art Gallery celebrates John Ruskin’s bicentenary
- Pineapple in a pasty? Northern Soul attends the World Pasty Championships
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!