Articles relating to: Ballet
Billed as a ‘lusty tale of doomed love’ we gather in the heavily gilded, Edwardian splendour of Manchester’s Opera House for English National Ballet’s revival of Kenneth MacMillan’s Manon.Read the full story..
Making its debut at Leeds Grand Theatre, Northern Ballet’s Jane Eyre cements the company as one of the country’s brightest artistic talents.Read the full story..
“It promises to challenge the idea of what stories can be told through dance,” says Northern Ballet’s artistic director David Nixon.Read the full story..
Tree Of Codes is one of those ‘wild card’ yet brilliantly successful shows that Manchester International Festival has made a bit of a specialty of miraculously pulling off over the years.Read the full story..
- In Defence of Edgar the Excitable Dragon (and Christmas fans everywhere)
- “I would struggle to say that I am a feminist and contribute to fast fashion.” Jade Rice from Dirty Word talks to Northern Soul
- Staying Alive: the campaign to save The Gaumont where the Bee Gees first performed
- Book Review – Have a Bleedin Guess: The Story of Hex Enduction
- The Northern Soul Christmas Charity Appeal: raising money for Alzheimer’s
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
"I don’t know about you but I want my Christmas with all the cringe-worthy toppings." Northern Soul's @EmmaYatesBadley writes in defence of Edgar the Excitable Dragon (and Christmas fans everywhere) @jlandpartners northernsoul.me.uk/christmas-… pic.twitter.com/zthx4BbuNA
Thought for the Day: pic.twitter.com/0B2X18CwM7
Noooo....BBC scrapping Newsround afternoon show after almost 50 years prolificnorth.co.uk/news/broa…