Articles relating to: banners
People’s History Museum in Manchester will open 2019 with a new exhibition of historic and contemporary banners that reflect themes of protest.Read the full story..
Historic banners telling the story of how people have fought for representation will be going on display this month at the People’s History Museum, as it marks the centenary of the Representation of the People Act (February 6, 1918) when all men, and some women, obtained the right to vote.Read the full story..
- “We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
- My Space: Stanley Chow, artist, illustrator and designer
- Tea from The Manor: Northern Soul talks tea, teabags and tea-tasting with James Green
- Joy for Ever: Manchester’s Whitworth Art Gallery celebrates John Ruskin’s bicentenary
- Pineapple in a pasty? Northern Soul attends the World Pasty Championships
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!