Articles relating to: Book Launch
There’s something about Waterstones Deansgate in Manchester. It’s the welcoming, colourful displays and the passion with which they celebrate local talent and history alongside bestsellers that makes it feel like a local bookshop.Read the full story..
Review: From a Dark Place: How a Family Coped with Drug Addiction, Albert Square Chop House, Manchester
Sitting in the dimly lit bar of Manchester’s Albert Square Chop House – nursing what can only be described as the world’s biggest (and most expensive at £6) gin and tonic – I wait for the launch of From a Dark Place: How A Family Coped with Drug Addiction to begin.Read the full story..
- In Defence of Edgar the Excitable Dragon (and Christmas fans everywhere)
- “I would struggle to say that I am a feminist and contribute to fast fashion.” Jade Rice from Dirty Word talks to Northern Soul
- Staying Alive: the campaign to save The Gaumont where the Bee Gees first performed
- Book Review – Have a Bleedin Guess: The Story of Hex Enduction
- The Northern Soul Christmas Charity Appeal: raising money for Alzheimer’s
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
"I don’t know about you but I want my Christmas with all the cringe-worthy toppings." Northern Soul's @EmmaYatesBadley writes in defence of Edgar the Excitable Dragon (and Christmas fans everywhere) @jlandpartners northernsoul.me.uk/christmas-… pic.twitter.com/zthx4BbuNA
Thought for the Day: pic.twitter.com/0B2X18CwM7
Noooo....BBC scrapping Newsround afternoon show after almost 50 years prolificnorth.co.uk/news/broa…