Articles relating to: Charlotte Brontë
I have loved the Brontë sisters since I was a teenage bookworm.
I spent a great deal of my young life swooning over the brooding characters of Heathcliff and Mr Rochester while reading dog-eared copies of Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre liberated from the school library.Read the full story..
- Peter Hook talks to Northern Soul
- Could a crowdfunding campaign save an Arc Deco gem – the Grange-over-Sands lido?
- “I am an outsider.” Northern Soul talks to crime writer Will Dean about his debut Dark Pines
- Review: Wave, Imperial War Museum North, Trafford
- The Northern Soul Awards 2018: a celebration of culture and enterprise
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
Get yer entries in.... twitter.com/commapress/sta…
This week on the #NSPoll, we're asking: what's the best thing about Autumn? Cosy knits Toasty warm fires Alcohol being socially acceptable in hot beverages Comfort food Darker nights
Recently, on the #NSPoll, we asked you lovely lot: what's the best pie? 41% plumped for meat & potato, 27% chose a gooey cheese & onion pie whereas 5% wanted something vegan. While 11% thought a pork pie was right up their street, 7% opted for something a bit fancier. pic.twitter.com/6LTnCYpNtB
Are you an individual or an organisation based in the North of England? Why don’t you come to this year’s Northern Soul Awards? It’ll be a brilliant evening – 15th November at Manchester Cathedral. Tickets available here: awards.northernsoul.me.uk #NSawards18 pic.twitter.com/xCYdwl6Df5