Articles relating to: Community arts
Marijuana grower becomes professional horticulturalist: Northern Soul chats to Hidden Tales in Rochdale
Author Phillip Pullman said that “after nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world”.Read the full story..
Sitting upstairs at the Forks cafe in front of the enormous window overlooking Bradford’s up-and-coming North Parade high street, Rosie Freeman is holding forth about the many attractions of her newly adopted city.Read the full story..
- “We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
- My Space: Stanley Chow, artist, illustrator and designer
- Tea from The Manor: Northern Soul talks tea, teabags and tea-tasting with James Green
- Joy for Ever: Manchester’s Whitworth Art Gallery celebrates John Ruskin’s bicentenary
- Pineapple in a pasty? Northern Soul attends the World Pasty Championships
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!