Articles relating to: Edinburgh Fringe
When I realise that Adam Rowe’s award-wining Edinburgh Fringe joke came at the end of a long rant about a job centre, I tell him my story about the humiliation of signing on after redundancy and complaining to the member of staff that I don’t belong there.Read the full story..
The feathers on the boas were wilting and the city was rapidly running out of double espressos, but with a squirt of hairspray and a sprinkle of glitter we geared up for the final weekend…Read the full story..
And so Edinburgh shrugs off its sequins and takes in the bunting as the Fringe comes to end once more.Read the full story..
- “I would struggle to say that I am a feminist and contribute to fast fashion.” Jade Rice from Dirty Word talks to Northern Soul
- Staying Alive: the campaign to save The Gaumont where the Bee Gees first performed
- Book Review – Have a Bleedin Guess: The Story of Hex Enduction
- Beware the light: Northern Soul braves HOME’s FilmFear season to watch a preview of The Lighthouse
- The Northern Soul Christmas Charity Appeal: raising money for Alzheimer’s
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
"Maya Angelou said, ‘do your best until you know better and then do that’ and I think that’s all we can do." @EmmaYatesBadley talks to Jade Rice of Dirty Word, a Wirral-based ethical clothing company, about fast fashion and feminism northernsoul.me.uk/i-would-st… @BlackburneHouse pic.twitter.com/pGfYtiqD0e
"wry, smart and eminently readable" Northern Soul's @MrGeetsRomo reviews Have a Bleedin Guess: The Story of Hex Enduction by Paul Hanley, The Fall's much-revered 1982 album northernsoul.me.uk/book-revie… pic.twitter.com/Nw8HOuCBI0
Love this. twitter.com/mendyourhead/s…