Articles relating to: Fleetneedles Forage
It’s hard to believe it’s December and Christmas is upon us. It’s the time of year when fairy lights in various hues begin to adorn houses along our street, and Christmas trees appear overnight with neon twinkles and gaudy baubles.Read the full story..
After writing my last article about the properties of early Spring flowers, I realised I mainly research herbs with recognised herbal benefits, often overlooking the common wild flowers I have known all my life.Read the full story..
It might not always feel like it but Spring is finally here.Read the full story..
- “I just think the two things go together really well.” Jason Wood from Manchester’s HOME talks about Pop Stars on Film
- “You can kid yourself that you can speak Icelandic or Japanese.” Adam Thirlwell on Studio Créole and the creolisation of languages
- Photo Gallery: Visible Girls – Revisited, a photographic exhibition by Anita Corbin, The Civic, Barnsley
- Food Review: Rosa’s Thai, Albert Dock, Liverpool
- Review: Invisible Cities, Manchester International Festival
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
“I just think the two things go together really well.” Jason Wood from Manchester’s HOME talks about Pop Stars on Film @HOME_mcr @jwoodfilm @MrGeetsRomo #cinema #film northernsoul.me.uk/i-just-thi… pic.twitter.com/C32G3wOrWh
@PurpleGooner Phenomenal Woman is our favourite but love the fact the congresswomen in the US are quoting this one in response to Trump.
People shouting 'send her back' at Trump rallies, the future PM waving a kipper around, warnings of a UK recession thanks to Brexit. We've never felt so simultaneously depressed and baffled by the state of the world. Think we'll look at photos of kittens for the rest of the day.
Thought for the Day: "You may write me down in history With your bitter, twisted lies, You may trod me in the very dirt But still, like dust, I'll rise." - Maya Angelou