Articles relating to: Gorilla
It’s not often that I’ve bought an album – and subsequently bought into a musician’s entire sound – simply off the back of hearing just one track.Read the full story..
“This festival is about celebrating the range of great music described as folk.” David Agnew, director of Manchester Folk Festival
For several years, the Homegrown festival at Bury Met, with its associated Folk Expo industry event, has been one of the most significant dates on the international folk and roots music calendar.Read the full story..
Slaves’ recent gig at Gorilla was a joyful, riotous affair.Read the full story..
- “There’s nothing as exciting as sitting in the audience, waiting for the curtain to open.” Northern Soul talks to Mark Williams
- Poetry Review: Where the Road Runs Out by Gaia Holmes
- Theatre Review: A Christmas Carol, Playhouse, Liverpool
- Bedrooms, Bus Stops and Boredom: Remembering Pete Shelley
- “At my best, I lose myself in my writing.” Melvyn Bragg talks to Northern Soul
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
"a rare and singular talent who belongs in the upper echelons of contemporary Artists to Keep Tabs On" Northern Soul's @MrGeetsRomo reviews Julia Holter, Gorilla, Manchester northernsoul.me.uk/review-jul… pic.twitter.com/ExUkgOGZAQ