Articles relating to: Homegrown Festival
It’s been 15 years since an intriguing noise lulled soothingly out of my radio. It prompted me to obsessively listen to said radio until said song was played again and I could put a name to the tuneRead the full story..
It’s been a sad but undeniable fact for a long time that Manchester seemed unable to support a mid-size venue where roots performers too big for the folk clubs or the bars, but not yet likely to fill the Bridgewater Hall, could play and not lose the promoter’s shirt for them.Read the full story..
Mark Radcliffe‘s self-confessed career highlight came in 2006 when he won Celebrity Stars In Their Eyes with a suspiciously Cornish-sounding Shane MacGowan.Read the full story..
Kate Rusby is something of a legend, which is some going for someone who is the same age as I am (39, since you ask). Occasionally known as the Barnsley Nightingale, Rusby has been described as the “first lady of young folkies”.Read the full story..
- “We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
- My Space: Stanley Chow, artist, illustrator and designer
- Tea from The Manor: Northern Soul talks tea, teabags and tea-tasting with James Green
- Joy for Ever: Manchester’s Whitworth Art Gallery celebrates John Ruskin’s bicentenary
- Pineapple in a pasty? Northern Soul attends the World Pasty Championships
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!