Articles relating to: Homegrown
With a superb concert from Tom Russell filling the main hall just a few days before this invigorating festival and much more in a similar vein to follow (including the brilliant Sam Baker on November 1), Bury Met is showing absolutely no signs of surrendering its place as the premier venue in the North for music of the rootsy persuasion.Read the full story..
He’s a folk singer-songwriter and virtuoso fiddler whose music dwells on rural myths, eerie legends and sweeping landscapes. So it comes as some surprise to learn that the first album Seth Lakeman ever bought was Bon Jovi’s Slippery When Wet.Read the full story..
- “It has been life-changing.” NorthBound Book Award 2020 winner John D. Rutter talks to Northern Soul
- Image Gallery: Vintage fashion inspires exhibitions at Grosvenor Museum and Lion Salt Works Museum
- “I just wish I could have gone for a drink with her.” Anna Cale, author of The Real Diana Dors
- Looking for Emily Williamson, RSPB founder
- “We have been dreaming about this for decades.” UK’s first purpose-built LGBT+ retirement community in Manchester moves forward
Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities
For advertising and sponsorship opportunities contact Northern Soul’s Founder and Editor Helen Hugent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
"She should have been a big star, but through life choices and poor decisions or just bad luck, she didn’t quite get there." Andy Murray talks to Anna Cale, author of a new biography about Diana Dors. northernsoul.me.uk/anna-cale-… @MrGeetsRomo @real_meaning #DianaDors pic.twitter.com/lTJ0CbIoxf
"This is extremely silly. And yet, somehow, quite poignant." Northern Soul's Theatre Editor, Chris Wallis, reviews The Hound of the Baskervilles at Bolton Octagon. northernsoul.me.uk/theatre-re… ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ pic.twitter.com/IM5K6AQ02X