Articles relating to: Hope Mill
Stephen Schwartz launched his songwriting career aged just 23 with the score for Godspell.Read the full story..
More the Forest of Forgotten Teddy Bears, I’d say, and just the place for a picnic.Read the full story..
Rebecca West’s novella The Return of the Soldier, published in 1918 when she was just 25-years-old, was a striking debut.Read the full story..
“Theatre and film can effect social change” Playwright and actress Laura Lindsay talks to Northern Soul
Laura Lindsay was part of the Manchester Theatre Award-winning ensemble cast of The Rise And Fall Of Little Voice. This week at Manchester’s Hope Mill Theatre, and then on tour, she’s also demonstrating her writing and production skills with a new play Parallel.Read the full story..
It’s tough times for the arts. Even in the best of economic climates, setting up your own producing theatre is no mean task. Dozens of different elements have to slot into place but, sometimes, a project feels like it’s meant to come together.Read the full story..
- “It has been life-changing.” NorthBound Book Award 2020 winner John D. Rutter talks to Northern Soul
- Image Gallery: Vintage fashion inspires exhibitions at Grosvenor Museum and Lion Salt Works Museum
- “I just wish I could have gone for a drink with her.” Anna Cale, author of The Real Diana Dors
- Looking for Emily Williamson, RSPB founder
- “We have been dreaming about this for decades.” UK’s first purpose-built LGBT+ retirement community in Manchester moves forward
Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities
For advertising and sponsorship opportunities contact Northern Soul’s Founder and Editor Helen Hugent at email@example.com.
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
"She should have been a big star, but through life choices and poor decisions or just bad luck, she didn’t quite get there." Andy Murray talks to Anna Cale, author of a new biography about Diana Dors. northernsoul.me.uk/anna-cale-… @MrGeetsRomo @real_meaning #DianaDors pic.twitter.com/lTJ0CbIoxf
"This is extremely silly. And yet, somehow, quite poignant." Northern Soul's Theatre Editor, Chris Wallis, reviews The Hound of the Baskervilles at Bolton Octagon. northernsoul.me.uk/theatre-re… ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ pic.twitter.com/IM5K6AQ02X