Articles relating to: How I Left The National Grid
Picture a book launch: chances are you’re imagining a staid and stifled event in a windowless inner-city Waterstones on a wet Wednesday afternoon, with copies of books and glasses of steadily souring white wine laid out in evenly-spaced rows on folding trestle tables.Read the full story..
Guy Mankowski is a novelist based in Newcastle. Here he writes for Northern Soul about his third novel, How I Left The National Grid, to be published in February 2015. It’s about a Manchester-based singer who vanishes following a controversial appearance on Top of the Pops, and a journalist who tries to track him down. The book also celebrates the Northern post-punk music scene.Read the full story..
- Peter Hook talks to Northern Soul
- Could a crowdfunding campaign save an Arc Deco gem – the Grange-over-Sands lido?
- “I am an outsider.” Northern Soul talks to crime writer Will Dean about his debut Dark Pines
- Review: Wave, Imperial War Museum North, Trafford
- The Northern Soul Awards 2018: a celebration of culture and enterprise
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
"The local authority wants to cover it up and fill it in with concrete." Northern Soul's Helen Carter asks, could a crowdfunding campaign save an Arc Deco gem and the last surviving seaside lido in the North of England – the Grange-over-Sands lido? northernsoul.me.uk/could-a-cr… pic.twitter.com/euLgiLX8ZA