Articles relating to: Ian Cook
Once home to the kings of ancient Northumbria, Bamburgh Castle is one of Northumberland’s most iconic buildings. Northern Soul‘s Ian Cook has taken some splendid photos of this amazing site.Read the full story..
Poppies: Weeping Window is at at Woodhorn Museum in Northumberland until November 1, 2015.Read the full story..
You can see them across the estuary when visiting the Holy Island of Lindisfarne.Read the full story..
During the Summer months, the NewcastleGateshead quayside is home to 600 pairs of breeding Kittiwakes. These seabirds create a spectacular show with their loud calls, graceful flight and chick-rearing dramas.Read the full story..
- “I would struggle to say that I am a feminist and contribute to fast fashion.” Jade Rice from Dirty Word talks to Northern Soul
- Staying Alive: the campaign to save The Gaumont where the Bee Gees first performed
- Book Review – Have a Bleedin Guess: The Story of Hex Enduction
- Beware the light: Northern Soul braves HOME’s FilmFear season to watch a preview of The Lighthouse
- The Northern Soul Christmas Charity Appeal: raising money for Alzheimer’s
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
"Maya Angelou said, ‘do your best until you know better and then do that’ and I think that’s all we can do." @EmmaYatesBadley talks to Jade Rice of Dirty Word, a Wirral-based ethical clothing company, about fast fashion and feminism northernsoul.me.uk/i-would-st… @BlackburneHouse pic.twitter.com/pGfYtiqD0e
"wry, smart and eminently readable" Northern Soul's @MrGeetsRomo reviews Have a Bleedin Guess: The Story of Hex Enduction by Paul Hanley, The Fall's much-revered 1982 album northernsoul.me.uk/book-revie… pic.twitter.com/Nw8HOuCBI0
Love this. twitter.com/mendyourhead/s…