Articles relating to: India
“You grow up surrounded by people who look and think and speak in two languages.” Author Preti Taneja talks to Northern Soul
King Lear strikes fear into the heart of me.Read the full story..
As an undergraduate at Manchester Metropolitan University (many moons ago) I opted for the intriguingly titled Modern Gothic module. It was here that I stumbled across 1997 Booker Prize-winning The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy, the story of twins Rahel and Estha growing up in the politically turbulent state of Kerala in the 1960s.Read the full story..
- Peter Hook talks to Northern Soul
- Could a crowdfunding campaign save an Arc Deco gem – the Grange-over-Sands lido?
- “I am an outsider.” Northern Soul talks to crime writer Will Dean about his debut Dark Pines
- Review: Wave, Imperial War Museum North, Trafford
- The Northern Soul Awards 2018: a celebration of culture and enterprise
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
"The local authority wants to cover it up and fill it in with concrete." Northern Soul's Helen Carter asks, could a crowdfunding campaign save an Arc Deco gem and the last surviving seaside lido in the North of England – the Grange-over-Sands lido? northernsoul.me.uk/could-a-cr… pic.twitter.com/euLgiLX8ZA