Articles relating to: Manchester Museum
The first two objects in Manchester Museum’s new exhibition Extinction or Survival? are a model of a dodo and a stuffed panda. One is extinct, of course. And the other has been brought back from the brink of extinction, thanks to the efforts of conservationists across the globe.Read the full story..
I am sitting in the spectacular Living Worlds gallery in Manchester Museum. It is one of those cold autumnal nights where darkness is drawing in, winter coats have come out of hibernation and everything is a little bit eerie.Read the full story..
It’s a well-known fact that amphibians and reptiles are cold-blooded. But it wasn’t until I held a red-eyed leaf frog, stroked a python and tickled a chameleon that I realised the truth of that observation.Read the full story..
- “We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
- My Space: Stanley Chow, artist, illustrator and designer
- Tea from The Manor: Northern Soul talks tea, teabags and tea-tasting with James Green
- Joy for Ever: Manchester’s Whitworth Art Gallery celebrates John Ruskin’s bicentenary
- Pineapple in a pasty? Northern Soul attends the World Pasty Championships
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!