Articles relating to: Manchester University
With his huge reputation, millions of sales and shelf-full of awards, John Irving is one of the world’s best-loved authors. Last week he made a rare visit to Manchester to talk about his latest novel Avenue Of Mysteries for an appreciative, sold-out audience at Literature Live.Read the full story..
It’s a well-known fact that amphibians and reptiles are cold-blooded. But it wasn’t until I held a red-eyed leaf frog, stroked a python and tickled a chameleon that I realised the truth of that observation.Read the full story..
- “We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
- My Space: Stanley Chow, artist, illustrator and designer
- Tea from The Manor: Northern Soul talks tea, teabags and tea-tasting with James Green
- Joy for Ever: Manchester’s Whitworth Art Gallery celebrates John Ruskin’s bicentenary
- Pineapple in a pasty? Northern Soul attends the World Pasty Championships
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!