Articles relating to: National Theatre
Patrick Marber’s re-working of Hedda Gabler attracted rave reviews during its sold-out run at the National Theatre, but many of them centred around the performance of that version’s leading lady, Ruth Wilson.Read the full story..
You know, it’s been a slightly bumpy ride for HOME’s theatre department since the grand opening just over 12 months ago, including mixed reviews about their in-house shows, poor Christmas sales and critical opinions on visiting productions.Read the full story..
Alastair Michael reflects on the challenges of broadcasting theatre to cinema audiences on his trip to see War Horse at Manchester’s Odeon.Read the full story..
“I’m going to continue,” Sir Nicholas Hytner declares, with some modesty. As yet there are no concrete plans, but it’s a relief to hear that he “will make theatre for a new company that will…find new ways of making commercial theatre”.Read the full story..
There are lots of things in life that don’t live up to the hype: Crunchie ice cream bars, Lost in Translation (so self-indulgent I fought the desire to gouge out my own eyes), Michael Owen, the time U2 did disco. I could go on.Read the full story..
- “We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
- My Space: Stanley Chow, artist, illustrator and designer
- Tea from The Manor: Northern Soul talks tea, teabags and tea-tasting with James Green
- Joy for Ever: Manchester’s Whitworth Art Gallery celebrates John Ruskin’s bicentenary
- Pineapple in a pasty? Northern Soul attends the World Pasty Championships
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!