Articles relating to: Newcastle upon Tyne
Photo Gallery: Exposed – The Naked Portrait, an exhibition jointly curated between the National Portrait Gallery and the Laing Art Gallery
A new exhibition of unclothed portraits, jointly curated between the National Portrait Gallery and Newcastle-upon-Tyne’s Laing Art Gallery, invites questions about identity and gender, the real and ideal.Read the full story..
A gorgeous black and white gallery of Newcastle’s Grainger Town by Phil Pounder. Of Grainger Town’s 450 buildings, 244 are listed, of which 29 are grade I and 49 are grade II*. Just lovely.Read the full story..
On a relentlessly grey, damp and oppressive Tuesday afternoon on Newcastle’s Thornton Street, Jeremy Corbyn took to a makeshift stage to address the crowds in hats and waterproofs who had gathered there to listen to him.Read the full story..
- “We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
- My Space: Stanley Chow, artist, illustrator and designer
- Tea from The Manor: Northern Soul talks tea, teabags and tea-tasting with James Green
- Joy for Ever: Manchester’s Whitworth Art Gallery celebrates John Ruskin’s bicentenary
- Pineapple in a pasty? Northern Soul attends the World Pasty Championships
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!