Articles relating to: non-fiction
I don’t have sisters. I’m the youngest of two children and, much to my dismay (and eternal torture), the only girl in my family.Read the full story..
Book Review – Heart of the Race: Black Women’s Lives in Britain by Beverley Bryan, Stella Dadzie and Suzanne Scafe
I’m an avid reader of non-fiction. I thoroughly enjoy taking a peek at other people’s lives and, more importantly, learning something new about the world we live in.Read the full story..
“We all benefit when we embrace diversity and allow everyone to contribute.” Northern Soul talks to June Sarpong
It’s Friday lunchtime and we’ve bagged 20 minutes with June Sarpong.Read the full story..
- Pantry Pairings: Chef Tony selects the best wines for your store cupboard meals
- “Small steps can ultimately lead to big impacts.” Cumbria-based ethical skincare company Pure Lakes talks to Northern Soul
- “I wanted to reach as many young people as I could.” Deborah Dixon talks about preventing young sudden cardiac deaths with CRY
- From shy teacher to international battle rapper, 63-year-old Joy France talks to Northern Soul
- Online exhibition: Talking Sense, The Portico Library, Manchester
Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities
For advertising and sponsorship opportunities contact Northern Soul’s Founder and Editor Helen Hugent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
Pantry Pairings: Chef Tony selects the best wines for your store cupboard meals With nights in our fave restaurants off the menu, Northern Soul's Chef Tony has the perfect wines for self-isolating dishes whether that's beans on toast or a pot noodle northernsoul.me.uk/pantry-pai… pic.twitter.com/ZWayCHJzGG
We might not be able to visit restaurants and write about them but we can bring you reviews of restaurant deliveries and takeaways. With that in mind, Karen Connolly reviews her local pizza place, Proove in West Didsbury. northernsoul.me.uk/takeaway-r… @ProovePizza pic.twitter.com/lz7wymszAM
Where are you working? Given the number of temporary home workspaces/desks in houses, we'd like to know what your home office looks like. Just use the hashtag #WhereAreYouWorking when posting a picture and tag in Northern Soul. Here is Rachael in Bury (and Mitsy). pic.twitter.com/53STNMb4K1