Articles relating to: People’s Theatre
Crimes of passion. Glamour. Menace. Intrigue. Slim cigarettes, cocktails and pussy bow blouses. Exotic-sounding European names, dubious French accents, Lords, Ladies and business tycoons.Read the full story..
If, as Oscar Wilde once said, “a little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal”, then Noel Coward’s delightfully flippant Hay Fever stays well away from the danger zone.Read the full story..
Years of consuming art in its different forms – seeing plays, reading novels, listening to music and watching films – has left me with a profound fear of the institution of marriage.Read the full story..
- “There’s nothing as exciting as sitting in the audience, waiting for the curtain to open.” Northern Soul talks to Mark Williams
- Poetry Review: Where the Road Runs Out by Gaia Holmes
- Theatre Review: A Christmas Carol, Playhouse, Liverpool
- Bedrooms, Bus Stops and Boredom: Remembering Pete Shelley
- “At my best, I lose myself in my writing.” Melvyn Bragg talks to Northern Soul
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
"a rare and singular talent who belongs in the upper echelons of contemporary Artists to Keep Tabs On" Northern Soul's @MrGeetsRomo reviews Julia Holter, Gorilla, Manchester northernsoul.me.uk/review-jul… pic.twitter.com/ExUkgOGZAQ