Articles relating to: photos
People’s History Museum in Manchester will open 2019 with a new exhibition of historic and contemporary banners that reflect themes of protest.Read the full story..
With Christmas just around the corner, it’s hard to believe that the end of the year is fast approaching.Read the full story..
We love a good ginnel at Northern Soul. But, depending on where you’re from, there are all sorts of words for what essentially amounts to an alleyway, including jennel, snicket, vennel, gennel, jitty and jetty.Read the full story..
Northern Soul’s Steve Slack headed to the British Ceramics Biennial (BCB) as it returned to Stoke-on-Trent, the home of British ceramics, for its fifth edition.Read the full story..
This autumn saw Best Art Vinyl, an international award celebrating the best in record cover design, head to Barnsley as part of an exciting new exhibition featuring a host of renowned names from the world of music, art, design and photography.Read the full story..
We love a good ginnel at Northern Soul.Read the full story..
- “We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
- My Space: Stanley Chow, artist, illustrator and designer
- Tea from The Manor: Northern Soul talks tea, teabags and tea-tasting with James Green
- Joy for Ever: Manchester’s Whitworth Art Gallery celebrates John Ruskin’s bicentenary
- Pineapple in a pasty? Northern Soul attends the World Pasty Championships
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!