Articles relating to: Portico Library
It’s not all about the glamour when you’re a famous actress, as I find out when I chat to Holliday Grainger. “I was in Mauritius yesterday and now I’m in Blackburn,” she tells me.Read the full story..
Standing in the central hall of Manchester Art Gallery looking up at the decoration on the walls, a row of sculptures of men riding on horses caught my eye.Read the full story..
“We read to know we’re not alone.” If, like me, you sat in a darkened cinema in the early 1990s watching Shadowlands, all the while trying to stifle unrelenting tears, then you may remember this line.Read the full story..
“I mean, look, face it: if you turned up somewhere and there was this 65-year-old bloke singing The Toppers’ 1954 classic Baby, Let Me Bang Your Box on a ukulele, you’d wonder where he’d come from.”Read the full story..
- “It has been life-changing.” NorthBound Book Award 2020 winner John D. Rutter talks to Northern Soul
- Image Gallery: Vintage fashion inspires exhibitions at Grosvenor Museum and Lion Salt Works Museum
- “I just wish I could have gone for a drink with her.” Anna Cale, author of The Real Diana Dors
- Looking for Emily Williamson, RSPB founder
- “We have been dreaming about this for decades.” UK’s first purpose-built LGBT+ retirement community in Manchester moves forward
Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities
For advertising and sponsorship opportunities contact Northern Soul’s Founder and Editor Helen Hugent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
"She should have been a big star, but through life choices and poor decisions or just bad luck, she didn’t quite get there." Andy Murray talks to Anna Cale, author of a new biography about Diana Dors. northernsoul.me.uk/anna-cale-… @MrGeetsRomo @real_meaning #DianaDors pic.twitter.com/lTJ0CbIoxf
"This is extremely silly. And yet, somehow, quite poignant." Northern Soul's Theatre Editor, Chris Wallis, reviews The Hound of the Baskervilles at Bolton Octagon. northernsoul.me.uk/theatre-re… ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ pic.twitter.com/IM5K6AQ02X