Articles relating to: Portmeirion
The village of Portmeirion was created in 1925 (and finished in 1975) under the aegis of architect Sir Clough Williams-Ellis who thought it would be a wheeze to conjure up a little bit of Italy on the North Wales coast.Read the full story..
One of the most striking experiences about going to a festival is becoming part of a temporary community: a strange, bewitching pop-up village which will be dismantled come Monday teatime.Read the full story..
Karen Connolly – and likely the rest of Manchester – spent the weekend at a sun-soaked Festival No.6 where the magical village of Portmeirion played host to an eclectic mix of entertainers.Read the full story..
- Pantry Pairings: Chef Tony selects the best wines for your store cupboard meals
- “Small steps can ultimately lead to big impacts.” Cumbria-based ethical skincare company Pure Lakes talks to Northern Soul
- “I wanted to reach as many young people as I could.” Deborah Dixon talks about preventing young sudden cardiac deaths with CRY
- From shy teacher to international battle rapper, 63-year-old Joy France talks to Northern Soul
- Online exhibition: Talking Sense, The Portico Library, Manchester
Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities
For advertising and sponsorship opportunities contact Northern Soul’s Founder and Editor Helen Hugent at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for Northern Soul newsletter
The Northern Soul Poll
Recent Tweets for @Northern_Soul_
“Small steps can ultimately lead to big impacts.” @EmmaYatesBadley talks to Cumbria-based skincare company Pure Lakes about its ethical commitment and what it's doing for sustainability northernsoul.me.uk/small-step… pic.twitter.com/PKJF9Vn4Dx
What's that you say? A new podcast about wine, which wines folk actually like and the good times they have sharing them? Yes, yes and thrice yes. Find out more here ⬇️ northernsoul.me.uk/open-up-po… pic.twitter.com/JfHzinWN5e
“I wanted to reach as many young people as I could.” Deborah Dixon talks about preventing young sudden cardiac deaths with CRY and why this is so important to her northernsoul.me.uk/i-wanted-t… pic.twitter.com/PliLcY70QX
"She now does a stand-up comedy set where she performs rap wearing a talking panda mask." We talk to Joy France, a 63-year-old former teacher from Salford who is now an international battle rapper. northernsoul.me.uk/from-shy-t… pic.twitter.com/tFguI5wnJb