Articles relating to: publishing
What became of the Year of Publishing Women? Stefan Tobler from And Other Stories talks to Northern Soul
Back in 2015, The Guardian and The Bookseller published a talk by novelist Kamila Shamsie at Hay Festival where she suggested that a Year of Publishing Women would help to reset the gender imbalance for published authors.Read the full story..
Henry Normal is a writer, poet, TV and film producer, well-known for his collaborations with Steve Coogan, Caroline Aherne and many others. Here he chats to Paul Neads, editor of Manchester-based Flapjack Press, a publishing firm specialising in poetry and poetry events.Read the full story..
When I lived in that there London, my flat was right around the corner from Penguin Random House (the one on Vauxhall Bridge Road).Read the full story..
Way back in the mists of time, before e-readers were invented and everyone with a blog was a ‘publisher’, a group of people from the North East of England who weren’t that enthralled by reading the memoirs of some ‘reality show’ nonentity came together…in a pub.Read the full story..
- “We haven’t met a single woman who didn’t want to have a go with the bolt cutters.” Northern Soul chats to Idle Women
- My Space: Stanley Chow, artist, illustrator and designer
- Tea from The Manor: Northern Soul talks tea, teabags and tea-tasting with James Green
- Joy for Ever: Manchester’s Whitworth Art Gallery celebrates John Ruskin’s bicentenary
- Pineapple in a pasty? Northern Soul attends the World Pasty Championships
The Northern Soul Awards 2018
The Northern Soul Awards 2018 took place at the stunning Manchester Cathedral on November 15. Here’s our list of winners, along with the Highly Commended and Special Mentions for each category. Congratulations!